Timelapsery and model fakery : It’s Leith docks
As promised, here’s the time-lapse of Leith docks. How was this compiled? Like this:
- 1100 individual photo’s
- Shot on Canon 5DII + 24-105L Lens
- One photo every 15 seconds / Hahnel Giga T Pro remote timer
- File format = sRaw (for smaller size) & neutral colour profile
- Processed in Lightroom 4 (pseudo tilt-shift and colour boost applied)
- Exported as 1080 .jpgs
- Imported into MPEG Streamclip and exported as ProRes 422 LT clip at 25 FPS
- Final editing and titles in FCP-X
- Exported from FCP-X at YT friendly 5000Kbs H.264 Quicktime file
- Slightly cheesy music via Soundtrack Pro royalty free music beds
After all that, I think it turned out quite nice. There’s something compelling about seeing the everyday world in a different way that reveals something otherwise hidden. Look at us all, running around all over the place. Sit back, relax, take it easy with a Cadbury’s Caramel.
Here it is.